Come to the Lower South Coast SPCA to meet your new best friend! Adopt one of our deserving animals and give them a place to call home and a family to love!
Thank you for choosing one of our SPCA animals to join your family. To make the adoption process as smooth as possible, please take note of the information below:
LOCAL ADOPTIONS (Lower South Coast Area from Hibberdene to Port Edward):
- Once you have selected your dog or cat, please fill out the paper work at Reception, we will require a copy of your ID and proof of Residence.
- The Home check – this will be done within 3 working days. Your dog or cat will be removed from the “up for adoption list” for this time.
- You will then be notified on the same day if your home check as been approved.
- If approved – you will be given 48 hours to make the payment in cash or by EFT.
- (We have had to implement this time period as we have had many home checks approved and the payment has then not been made).
- A meet and greet is ALWAYS ENCOURAGED WHEREVER POSSIBLE – you can arrange for this to be done with reception.
- If your home check has not been approved or no payment received within that time them unfortunately the adoption will be cancelled.
IF payment received:
- Sterilization to be done within 3 - 5 working days (if the animal is not already sterilized).
- For Cats – a 3 days observation period is required for illness.
- Your new family member is to be collected within 5 working days (unless alternative arrangements are made). The sooner the better for the dog or cat! Please try to give us notice of when you are coming so we can prepare the final paper work.
For out of town adoptions – the same procedure as a local adoption will follow except:
- You will have 24 hours from initial contact to send all your information and complete the paper work for adoption.
- The Home check will be done by the closest SPCA – allow up to 7 working days
- The same process to collection will be followed.
- The dog or cat is to be collected within 5 working days (unless alternative arrangements are made).
The Adoption fees are available on request from email@example.com